Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Christs Revealing Power

Yesterday, I had to go to the grocery store, to get some wormer for my Moms dog. Well I went directly to the pet supplies aisle, and found what I was looking for, and went back towards the front of the store to check out.

There was a black woman there, with a buggy full of groceries... She was about to check out. She told me that since I had one item, I could go ahead of her. The first thing that came into my mind (and almost out of my mouth) was, "Well that's mighty white of you."

I'm so glad I didn't say this, because it would have almost certainly offended the woman, and hurt her feelings. I would not consider myself racist.. I grew up with people of many different races, and race doesn't bother me. Before yesterday, I would have said that I wasn't racist at all.

I believe that God used this to show me that I do have a small amount of Racism in my heart. I wouldn't have thought of this, but God has shown me that there are a lot of things that I think, and feel, that are offensive to God.

He says that if you even have a lustful thought for a woman, you have committed adultery with her in your heart. That's insane. How many times through the day do we see someone and think "Wow." Even if that's all we think, that's enough.

Lord, I pray that you would take my mind, and transform it into yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment