Sunday, September 6, 2009

Praise God!

I was on my knees the other night, actually praying to God that he would give me a chance to advance his kingdom here on earth. I said Amen, and got up and was about to get into bed, when I received an instant message from a friend of mine.

He started off by telling me how depressed he was, and how he just didn't want to wake up in the morning. I kinda got the feeling that he was suicidal. It really bothered me to see him in this shape. He was home on leave from the military, and his ex-girlfriend wouldn't let him see his babies. I was afraid he was going to kill himself. As far as I know, he's never been a very religious person.

Well, I told him what the lord had done in my life, and told him that he could do the same for him. I told him that he could take away the depression out of his life, and that if God could change the hearts of Kings, he could change the heart of a young woman.

I put up some scriptures for him to read on the internet, that have helped me (they're still up right here), and talked to him for about 4 hours... I pointed him to a program on Sid Roth about my cousin Rick Madison (here), and ultimately at the end, led him in the sinners prayer.

God is so amazing. I give him praise, honor, and glory, for letting my friend get saved.


Until next time,

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment